Role of the Village Panchayat for Weaker Sections
Role of the Village Panchayat for Weaker Sections plays a very crucial and vital role in the development of the weaker sections. Scheduled caste, scheduled tribes, and other backward classes have become important components in defining the development policies. Because of the socio-economic deprivation in the traditional society like village panchayat provided many facilities to weaker sections.
These such facilities which are provided by the village panchayat to the weaker sections are as follows:
- 1. It provides reservation of seats in favor of SC and ST in a proportion of their population.
- They are subjected to a minimum of 15 to 31 respectively at all levels.
- 2. This provides a reservation of one-third of seats to women of the weaker section.
- 3. It also provides for reservation of one-third of seats to persons belonging to the backward caste.
- 4. Village panchayat also provides for reservation of one-third seats in each backward class at all the levels for women.
- 5. The seats reserved shall be allotted rotation to different constituencies in the panchayat area.
- 6. The office of the chairman also reserved for all levels of persons belonging to SC, ST, OBC and especially women.
- 7. It also intended to access the awareness, commitments, ability, and problems of the weaker section.
- 8. It also examines the socio-economic conditions of scheduled caste, scheduled tribes, and other backward classes.
Other Main Postulates
- It shall be the duty of the village panchayat to meet the requirements of the village panchayat area in respect of the matters enumerated in the Third Schedule.
- Village Panchayat shall also have powers to enhance employment facilities and to undertake developmental activities and to start manpower banks, under the leadership of the village panchayats.
- Man Power Bank means a bank having the known details of skilled and unskilled persons who are willing to render service on the requirement and the village panchayat shall maintain a register for the purpose and it shall contain other details as prescribed.
- The Government, the district panchayat and the block panchayat shall subject to availability of resources to provide necessary financial, technical and other assistance to the village panchayats to enable them to discharge their functions.
- All grants-in-aid sanctioned by the Government in respect of the matters enumerated in the Third Schedule shall be distributed through the village panchayat concerned.
- The village Panchayat shall administer the institutions and schemes transferred to it, subject to the guidelines and technical assistance of the Government and in accordance with the state and national policies.
- The village panchayat shall not have any power to sell, transfer, alienate or pledge the properties transferred to it.
At last, as we can conclude it by saying that village panchayat becomes a definite strategy for the improvement of the living condition of the weaker sections.
Role of the Village Panchayat for Weaker Sections हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
If the interested students or persons have any issue or idea regarding this blog, just comment in the comment box given below. #firstbloggers