Progress and Achievements of MNREGA
- The empowerment of rural women is crucial for the development of rural Bharat.
- Women have to empower themselves from below in order to make the government empower them from above.
- The MGNREGA has a positive impact on the empowerment and employment pattern of women in recent years.
- It aims at enhancing livelihood security by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every rural household, especially for women.
- Women’s participation has increased significantly and perceived it giving them a sense of independence and security.
- They play an important role in the growth of society as well as the country.
- The definition of women is actually different for different persons but there is an essential base that cannot change regardless of nationality, caste, color, profession, etc. when women support to empower themselves the whole society benefits and families are healthier.
- Therefore, it is very important to empower women.
- Empowerment of women refers to the influence of decision making of their own.
- The word “empower has become equal to the word women”.
- “The present review takes a critical look at the selected studies such as women empowerment, issues, challenges and unraveling various impacts of MGNREGA both at a micro and macro level; beginning from its inception in 2005 to till 2015.
- The study focuses on the performance of MGNREGA by relevant performance indicators, in various states in together micro and macro settings, underlining the common and unique issues that emerged across these study sites related to the implementation of the MGNREGA and its functioning”.
Progress and Achievements of MGNREGA
- During the year 2013-14, 3.8 crores households were given employment and a total of 135 crores person-days of employment have been produced.
- Out of the 135 crores, 73.33 crores was for women, 21.09 crore for STs, and 31.53 crores for SCs.
- A total of 111 lakhs jobs were taken up of which 11.17 lakhs have been completed so far and remaining jobs are in progress.
- In the 1st phase of execution of NREGA 2006-07, 2.10 crore publics got 100 days employment during the period.
- This comprises water harvesting and conservation 3.40 lakh, face-lift of traditional water bodies 96 thousand.
- Provision of irrigation amenity 1.58 lakh, and small irrigation works 53 thousand, land growth 1.17 lakh, rural connectivity 2.03 lakh.
- Drought proofing nearly 1.13 lakh, flood control and safety 20 thousand.
- A budget delivery of Rs.12,000 crores has been made during the financial year 2007-08, Rs.30,000 cores in 2008-09, Rs. 39,100 crores in 2009-10 and 40,100 crores in 2010-11 respectively for execution of the scheme (MoRD,2012).
Progress and Achievements of MNREGA हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
If the interested students or persons have any issue or idea regarding this blog, just comment in the comment box given below. #firstbloggers