Marx vs Weber on Capitalism Historical stages Rational Capitalism Motivation Economic factors Social factors Political factors Cultural factors Value system Beliefs Mode of production Meaning Introduction Concept Ideas Criticism Conclusion
Marx vs Weber on Capitalism
Comparison between the views of Karl Marx and Max Weber on capitalism are as follows: –
- Marx describes Capitalism as one of the historical stages thought which society passes.
- Weber says that studied society in terms of meaning attributed or given by individuals to the world around them.
- Marx sees the emergence of Capitalism in terms of a shift in the mode of production.
- To him, the economy or the material world is the infrastructure or base which molds due to subsystems like.
- So a change in the system primarily a change in the economic system.
- Weber analysis that it is more complex, he hoes not ignore economic factors in the emergence of rational capitalism.
- But to him, the problem of meaning motivation and would view of an individual is important.
- Weber views values, beliefs sentiments help to guide action including economic activities in order to understand why and how rational Capitalism emerged.
- He thinks that it is important to understand the value system that makes it possible.
- Marks’ studies in terms of the historian’s stages in which society passes through capitalism emerge as a result of contradictions.
- In earlier stages bringing about the new mode of production.
- But into the account value system and belief to understand the emergence of capitalism.
- To Marx, Capitalism is rooted in irrationality but To Weber’s, it is a reflection of rationality.
- Marx emphasizes only on the economic factors which lead to Capitalism. but
- Weber besides economic factors also emphasizes social politics and cultural factors which leads to Capitalism.
|Concept of Capitalism and its Characteristics||Click Here|
|Views of Karl Marx on Capitalism||Click Here|
|Views of Max Weber on Capitalism||Click Here|
Please comment on this blog in the comment box given below. Also, stay connected with our website for more educational blogs. #firstbloggers