Main Concept and Purpose of NREGA
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) enacted by legislation on August 25, 2005, and it was renamed as the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) on 2nd October 2009.
- The MGNREGA has completed ten years since its inception in India.
- The aim of the scheme is to enhance the livelihood security of the household in rural areas of the country by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed employment in every financial year of every household whose adult member volunteers to do the unskilled work.
- The purpose of the study is to examine the women empowerment, issues and challenges, and impact on the MGNREGA scheme in India.
- From 2005 to 2015 and this review paper helps new and young researcher who wants to do research under this area may really helpful to them in order to identify the research problem and research gap.
- Women’s participation is very high with 80% of the total beneficiaries under the scheme.
- The concept of women’s empowerment has got wider popularity and acceptance in Tamil Nadu with the launching of decentralized planning in the state.
- The study concludes that economically empowering women on the MGNREGA scheme lays the basis for greater independence and also for self-esteem.
- It has become a beacon of light in the empowerment of rural women and contributed substantially to improving their lifestyle and economic conditions.
- The MGNREGA has a positive impact on the empowerment and employment pattern of women in recent years.
- It aims at enhancing livelihood security by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every rural household, especially for women.
- Women’s participation has increased significantly and perceived it giving them a sense of independence and security.
Main Concept and Purpose of NREGA हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
If the interested students or persons have any issue or idea regarding this blog, just comment in the comment box given below. #firstbloggers