Introduction: Barriers in the Development of STs
Barriers in the Development of STs: Scheduled tribes- In the constitution, unless the context otherwise requires the following expressions the meaning hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say. The scheduled Tribespeople are generally called “Adivasi”.
- Scheduled tribes mean such tribes or tribal communities as deemed under article 342 to be scheduled tribes for the purpose of this constitution.
- They have officially designated groups of people in India and our constitution has 12 schedules.
- The scheduled caste people are one who previously untouchables.
- The Indian state has put in place several policies that attempt to address the disadvantages faced by tribal groups.
- There are many barriers comes in the development or department of scheduled tribes.
Following are the barriers in the development of scheduled caste-
1. Communication barriers-
- There is a communication gap between normal state people and tribal people.
- They have their own language.
- They are also separated.
- So they cannot even talk to everyone.
- This communication gap creates a huge barrier for them in their life.
2. Education barriers-
- They are generally not to get educated because they have their own culture and livelihood.
- They are living outside the city area or the urban area.
- So that due to lack of education they are not able to get the benefits of education which creates a connection with other people of different lifestyles.
3. Lack of social service delivery mechanism-
- Due to a lack of social service delivery mechanisms, they can not get any governmental facilities.
- The Tribal people think twice before taking anything to anyone. They think that other peoples are very much superior as compared to them.
4. Lack of political participation-
- In ancient times, tribal people did not talk to any person other than their community.
- They are not aware of any kind of facilities for the administrative system of their country.
- So that they can not get participate in any type of political activity.
5. Lack of their proper identities-
- Due to their backwardness, the tribal people did not get the proper identities.
- As they are are not educated so there was no special identity for them.
- They are just live in a limited community.
6. Unconditional way of life-
- The conditions of their life is very bad as compared to the other people in the community.
- They did not know about any kind of technology.
- They did not have many facilities as the people of city areas have.
7. Social backwardness-
- They are socially backward because they never participate in the development of society.
- Because they did not have any kind of right to give their views.
- Social backwardness is one of the important barriers in the development of them.
8. Deprived of government implemented policies-
- As there is no such facilities of radio, television, telephone, newspapers, etc. By which they will get to know about the new policies implemented for the development of them.
- They did not get any kind of information regarding these policies implemented by the government for their beneficiaries.
9. Lack of economic opportunities-
- There is a lack of economic opportunities because they are unemployed.
- Illiterate people did not get employed to earn money.
10. No proper participation in politics-
- There was no proper participation in the politics of them.
- Actually, they are socially and politically backward in their life.
- They did not get any kind of right to participate in politics.
11. Lack of health and sanitation facilities-
- There is a lack of health and sanitation facilities because of no hospitals facilities.
- They are not able to go to the city area for their health facility.
- They did not even have the sanitation facility in their house or home.
12. Many more social dilemmas (problems)-
- There are many more social dilemmas in their lifestyle.
- They are facing very many problems in their life.
- No one is there to help them for their development.
Barriers in the Development of STs हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
If the interested students or persons have any issue or idea regarding this blog, just comment in the comment box given below. #firstbloggers